10 Nov 2009

Keeping up with tradition - Cameo role for Guillermo Del Toro in The Hobbit


Traditions are important and shall be upheld! Like Peter Jackson before him, Guillermo Del Toro has confirmed on the TheOneRing.net forums, he will make a cameo appearance in The Hobbit movie.

“I had a hand on the design of the creature and I will personally sculpt the appliances that will be applied on my face and hands. I used to sculpt the creatures for NECROPIA (my FX company) and I miss it a bit. I will have a line or two and die quickly.”

Peter Jackson famously appeared on several scenes in The Lord of the Rings trilogy. In The Fellowship of the Ring he plays Albert Dreary, a drunken, carrot-chomping folk from Bree. In The Two Towers he is a spear-throwing defender of Helm's Deep. His significant cameo in The Return of the King is limited to the extended version, where he is seen as the as the foreman of the deck crew of a corsair ship and is accidentally killed by one of Legolas's "warning shot." :) Furthermore he also served as a stand-in for Sean Astin in the shot where Samwise Gamgee steps into frame, challenging the monster Shelob the Giant Spider but all that can be seen of Jackson, however, is his right arm. Hopefully we will see more then just a right arm when Guillermo Del Toro appears in The Hobbit :)