30 Dec 2009

Arise Sir Hobbit ! Knighthood for Peter Jackson

From the Shire to Buckingham Palace. Peter Jackson is to receive a Knighthood Knight Companion of the New Zealand Order of Merit .Peter's name is on the New Year Honour List for "continued to excel in and significantly contribute to the New Zealand film industry". This is a great (and well deserved honour) for an humble hobbit.

"This is an incredible moment in my life. I didn't think anything would surpass the 2004 Academy Awards, but I was wrong. The feeling of gratitude and pride I have in accepting this honour from my home country is profound." (Sir Peter Jackson)


A knighthood is one of the highest honours an individual in the United Kingdom (or Commonwealth) can achieve....

congratulation SIR PETER JACKSON

(and you know what this means.... means you will have to pay a full round of ale at The Green Dragon next time we meet there...well done hobbit Peter! :) )

(source: nzherald.co.nz)