5 Feb 2010

Good Morning ! But please come for tea...why not tomorrow?


I must say I am getting rather excited about the prospect of meeting Mr Bilbo Baggins on the Shire tomorrow. So I am lucky enough to have a ticket for the theatrical adaptation of The Hobbit which has received fantastic reviews here in the UK. For over 20 years Vanessa Ford has been delivering very good quality family theatre . The Hobbit is adapted by Glyn Robbins and directed by Roy Marsden, and is promising to be something very special. I am sure I am going to enjoy the adventures of Bilbo, Gandalf and the Dwarves when they leave the safety of the Shire to reclaim the treasure that Smaug the dragon has stolen. I am told this adaptation is a magical version of the book, a captivating and exciting journey. The Hobbit is currently touring around the UK, for normal audiences and as an educational tool for school children, so they can explore the story as Tolkien wrote it and learn about the process of bringing the original tale to the stage with comprehensive workshops in English and drama, stage design, choreography and story-telling. I shall have a great time and I'll come back and write my little review over the week-end :) so as good, old Mr Bilbo would say....'

Please come for tea - any time you like! Why not tomorrow? Come tomorrow! Good bye!' (J.R.R.Tolkien-The Hobbit)