24 Apr 2010

Celebrating Virtual Middle-Earth - Happy Birthday Lord of the Rings Online !

It seem like yesterday when it all started. I still remember my very first day in virtual Middle-Earth, it was April 24, 2007. Three years later and Lord of the Rings online (LOTRO) is still going strong and parties are expected in celebration of LOTRO's 3Th anniversary. LOTRO is a massively multiplayer online role-playing game (MMORPG) based upon Tolkien's legendarium. LOTRO players are experiencing Middle-Earth at the time of The Lord of the Rings events. Throughout virtual Middle-Earth hobbits, elves, men , dwarves and even monsters are in full party-mode. For Tolkien's fans out there virtual Middle-Earth is a truly nice place to spend some relaxing time with friends. One can be tall, one can be short but all will enjoy the incredible detailed and intricate story-line directly inspired by Tolkien's books. I could talk for hours about this game, the things I like, my favorite places, the incredible music, my personal in-game house, the hardest monsters to beat, and the best ale to be found in the Shire's inns....but I would spoil it for those that have still not played LOTRO.While my personal adventures in virtual Middle-Earth continue ,I want to wish Turbine and Lord of the Rings Online HAPPY 3TH ANNIVERSARY and thank you!"Then Saturday, April the 24th , actually dawned. The sun got up, the clouds vanished, flags were unfurled and the fun began."