9 Apr 2010

Saving MGM : Ridley and Tony Scott To Help The Hobbit?

I am kind of hoping this is going to turn out to be the best news I write about the long running saga involving MGM . Financial Times is reporting via TotalFilm.com that Sir Ridley Scott and his brother Tony Scott have expressed interest in helping MGM out of their financial struggles by submitting a restructuring plan aimed at bring the studios back on their feet. You have no idea how excited I am about this news as we are talking about the same guys that made films like Blade Runner (my favorite movie after The Lord of the Rings Trilogy) , Alian, Gladiator, Kingdom of Heaven ...just to name a few. Sir Ridley Scott and his brother do run a company called Scott Free Productions which is willing to come to the rescue and , in my humble opinion, should be allowed to do so as soon as possible . I am so keeping my fingers crossed for them, if they indeed get involved into helping MGM I am quite sure we can expect our beloved The Hobbit to enter full production.

(source : Financial Times via totalfilm..com)