20 May 2010

There And Back Again (Maybe) -Will Samwise Be Back In The Hobbit?

So as every clever hobbit does , I was looking for some 'hobbitish' news this morning when suddenly I found a link to a small article about Sean Astin in my inbox that caught my attention. Sean has been talking about the new Warner Brothers Interactive video game The Lord of the Rings: Aragorn's Quest in which he gives his voice to Samwise Gamgee and about The Hobbit movies with scifiwire.com . There's been much speculation and rumors that some of the characters from The Lord of the Rings Trilogy would be used in The Hobbit to 'bridge-the-gap' between the movies but nothing has been confirmed yet. Sean however did not rule out (but neither confirmed) he would step back into the shoes...oops I mean hobbitish 'hairy feet' of Samwise Gamgee.


"[As for] the idea of putting the feet back on and the hair, I don't know, it's quite strange. I don't expect that it will happen.... Well, it's nostalgic that it's happening, regardless, so those feelings of nostalgia are triggered....
(Sean Astin on
scifiwire.com)

Clearly the experience of been one of the 'Nine' in The Lord of the Rings Trilogy and the honour to be chosen as the bravest of all hobbits has left his mark on Sean. He was (ans still is) an incredible Samwise and I for once would love to see him (and the others) back for one or two scenes at the end of The Hobbit just to help in the 'connection' between the two stories., why not? ..I can dream can I? But it would make much sense to me ...just imagine to be able to see Frodo, Sam, Pippin and Merry with Gandalf once more under the Party Tree celebrating Bilbo's Birthday...that would be so nice :)

(source: scifiwire.com)