14 Jun 2010

From Hogwarts To Hobbiton ? David Yates Linked To The Hobbit


Always remembering to take any new Internet speculation or rumor with a pinch of salt , here is the latest from Hobbitland : British director David Yates is currently named as one of the possible replacements to helm The Hobbit after the sudden departure of Guillermo Del Toro. David Yates is best known for the last four Harry Potter films for Warner Bros. , including Harry Potter and the Deathly Hallows: Part I and the series grand finale, Harry Potter and the Deathly Hallows: Part II that has just been completed last week and will see one of the greatest movie franchises ever come to an end. Ok...I must confess I am a huge fan of J.K. Rowling and Harry Potter but I think this latest rumor is more wishful thinking then solid truth really . If true , he'll be fine as long as he remembers that hobbits do not play Quidditch nor fly on brooms and that the guy with the long white beard is called Gandalf and not Albus Dumbledore ....but I still think Peter Jackson is the man ...I mean 'right hobbit' for the job :)