12 Jan 2011

Happy to be Frodo - Elijah Wood excited to be back


Elijah Wood is happy and excited at the prospect to be Frodo again and to be back in Middle-earth. IGN managed to have a few words with Elijah yesterday about his return as Frodo Baggins in The Hobbit movie that has been announced in the past few days. As Frodo is not a character in The Hobbit novel written by Professor Tolkien, Elijah thought he would never be back to Middle-earth , but as we know now Frodo ( and many more of the original Lord of the Rings main characters) , will be brought back to Middle-earth by Peter Jackson.

"we thought we were finished and the character doesn't even exist in [the book of] The Hobbit, so it was not even a pipe dream to imagine the possibility would be there for me to reprise the role of Frodo. But they've come up with something that I think is kind of interesting and I think very fitting that doesn't necessarily infringe upon the integrity of the original novel. It's great. I'm really excited. Those films marked a huge, massive experience in my life. It's been 11 years, basically, since I went to New Zealand, so it'll be a beautiful reunion and I'm just excited to go back and see everybody again" ( Elijah Wood speaking to IGN)